Drawing Closer to Christ, thank you so much for nominating me! I keep seeing this floating around, and secretly I’m like “Dang, that’d be cool…” And now it’s happening! So sick. It’s like a dream that I didn’t know I had coming true! Dawn has been such a consistent source of support for this budding lil’ ministry, and I’m grateful for her nomination.
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
• Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
- What’s an important lesson you’ve learned in life?
- One of the greatest lessons I’ve learned in my 20 years of life is that dating is a process of evaluation, not a status.
2. What’s a good book you’ve read?
- I’ve read the entire Percy Jackson series, and those books are amazing! Don’t let the movies fool you.
3. What’s your favorite characteristic about yourself?
- I love the fact that I have a gift with communication and words. That’s something people have consistently noticed about me: a way with words, whether spoken or written.
4. What are your hobbies?
- I love singing and playing what little acoustic guitar I know, archery, parkour, reading and writing, exercising, and animal handling! I have a very wide variety of interests lol.
5. Why did you start blogging?
- I began this site as a response to the Lord’s call and gifting on my life. I’ve been gifted with a capacity to read, understand, explain, and write about His Word, and the Spirit was urging me to encourage and equip His saints, and be a good steward with what He’d entrusted to me.
6. What topics, if any, have you wanted to write about but haven’t because you feel your “fan base” would not approve?
- Well this is juicy. I’m not sure, honestly. I can’t recall ever not doing a post because I was fearful of what others would think!
7. Are you married or single, kids or no kids?
- I’m a 20 year old college student who is not married and has no kids. HOWEVER, I am in a beautiful relationship with my best friend, Hope, who I “hope” to marry someday, hehe.
8. What are you passionate about and why?
- I am incredibly passionate about Jesus, if you couldn’t tell!! Everything I do, all the choices I make, my entire life revolves around knowing Jesus more tangibly, and making the real, life-changing Son of God known!
9. What is your favorite food?
- That’s an unanswerable question. Legit I don’t know how people have favorite foods, but I do love me some fried chicken. It’s really good, you guys.
10. Do you prefer plane ride or road trip?
- Depends on whether I’m going somewhere with family/friends or just getting somewhere. If I have people to travel with, then road trip for sure! Not even a contest, I fly all the time from my home in NY to get to school in Il, it’s not all that glamorous anymore.
11. What is your most memorable achievement?
- I think one of the coolest things I’ve ever done was be a part of something Olivet Nazarene University does called the Variety Show, which is essentially a huge class vs. class talent show. Last year, we sophomores won the show and it was so amazing.
- Do you have a mission/life verse? What is it?
- Is water wet?
- Why’d you start this site? Where would you like it to go?
- Most embarrassing moment?
- What is God teaching you in this season?
- Would you rather go hiking or take a trip to the beach?
- Veggietales or Spongebob?
- What’s your favorite name or title for God/Jesus/the Holy Spirit?
- What spiritual gifts do you know you have? How would you like to use them?
- What’s your favorite superhero and how do they relate to Jesus?
- What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done/can do?
I hereby nominate:
- Steve Patterson
- Hosanna Poetry
- Pure Glory
- Unashamed of Jesus
- Real Christian Women
- Elle’s Everyday